Surrounded by the natural beauty of the region Wachau and crossed by the waters of the Danube, Vienna, capital of Austria, is one of the most popular European cities. With an extensive cultural calendar and landmarks which abound, Vienna is the ideal destination for holiday any time of year.
For fun and entertainment, you have to get in Prater and to admire the city from above, must climb in the Danube Tower, the view is magnificent.
What to expect
√ Language: German
√ Currency: 1 Euro = 100 cents
√ Vienna’s climate is temperate continental with oceanic influences from the west. Viennese enjoying the summer only 60 days versus 70 days per year winter.
In Vienna is Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG).
When you say Austria, comes to mind the famous Wurst delicious Viennese schnitzel or you go great with a cold beer. To know the kitchen Austrian, we recommend you try some of traditional dishes, famous worldwide:
– Wiener Schnitzel – Viennese schnitzel with a crust absolutely delicious breadcrumbs, garnish with a slice of lemon and served with potato salad or potatoes or fries. In Austria, the term Wiener Schnitzel is protected by law so any schnitzel with this name must be made from veal, but that does not mean you can’t serve in Austria and schnitzel made pork or chicken.
– Tafelspitz – a traditional preparation made from meat boiled beef simmered with root vegetables, spices and a little broth. Serve with potatoes fried or baked / broiled and a sauce made from apples and horseradish and sour cream and horseradish.
– Vienna Wurst / sausage – is a kind of hot dog or sausage extremely delicious. There are several variants of this preparation would be one more special pieces melted cheese. Who you really get to Vienna eat such Wurst.
√ Griechenbeisl (Fleischmarkt 11), one of the most oldest restaurants in Vienna (dating from 1447) is frequented by personalities stop of (artists and politicians).
√ Gulaschmuseum (Schulerstraße 20), famous for its that it is the only restaurant in the world dedicated Goulash. The menu includes over 15 different kinds of goulash.
√ Palmenhaus (Burggarten), located in the Orangerie, is full of exotic plants and has a contemporary design.
√ Cathedral of St. Stefan (Stephans’ Dom) is by Gothic architecture and a symbol of Vienna. It hosts a number of cultural riches, you can find just a single round organized.
√ Schönbrunn Palace, with the huge park and ancillary buildings is one of the most important cultural monuments in Austria.
Protected by a special order of conservation, the entire assembly palace, park, fountains, statues and zoo is registered UNESCO World Heritage since 1996.
√ Belvedere Palace (Schloss Belvedere) is a baroque architectural jewel consists of two palaces: Palace upper and Lower Belvedere. The buildings are home today an Austrian art from the Middle Ages but also contemporary works.
√ The Hofburg Palace, the former century medieval fortress 13. Today, here is the official seat of the President of the Republic, and a major conference center and numerous art exhibitions. Imperial Chapel, built in Gothic, still remembers the old palace.
√ Vienna State Opera is perhaps the most important settlement, opera music in the world. The program is very varied, including over 60 operas and ballet performances scheduled 285 days.
√ Danube Tower (Donauturm) – Take the express elevator to the observation platform located at an altitude of 150 m, where you can incredible panoramic view of the city. In turn there is a circular restaurant and a café.
Where to stay
1. Hotel Arcotel Wimberger 4* – It is located across the street from the tram station and the subway station Burggasse-Stadthalle, providing direct access to the main attractions of Vienna. At 5 minutes walking is Mariahilfer Strasse shopping street and the Western Train Station recently renovated.
2. Austria Trend Parkhotel Schonbrunn Hotel 4* (www.austria-trend.at/parkhotel schoenbrunn/en/disclaimer.asp )
– Location: The hotel is a 10-minute walk from Schönbrunn Palace and the Vienna Zoo.
– Facilities: The hotel offers an elegant restaurant and a private park. Austria Trend Parkhotel Schonbrunn restaurant offers classic Austrian cuisine and Viennese specialties.
– Room facilities: spacious rooms combine modern facilities with a traditional elegant atmosphere. These include cable TV, minibar and safe. Some rooms are air-conditioned
and overlook the park. Parkhotel Schönbrunn offers a garage and free Wi-Fi in public areas.